Several Facebook friends are using November to post a daily thought of what they are thankful for. November brings us Thanksgiving, and I’ve always thought that in addition to great food, this holiday is a great reminder to appreciate what you have in the world. So, instead of posting everyday on Facebook, I thought I’d give you all 30 “thankful” thoughts at once. Here goes…
30 Things I am Thankful For
1. Family (goes without saying, but it is the #1 item, of course)
3. My work…people actually pay me money to play guitar and sing with children every day of my life. What an awesome career!
4. Music (What would the world be without at?)
5. My animals (I have 5 furry friends…4 cats & a dog)
7. My home
9. My blog
10. My camera and all my family photos
11. My children’s artwork. It gives them expression and fills my home with happiness.
12. My children’s school. They are receiving an excellent education.
13. Facebook…it keeps me connected
14. The Tucson JCC…..our home away from home
15. My nail salon
16. My Ipad
17. Books to get lost in
18. My religion/spirituality
20. Taylor, Collings and Martin for making such fine guitars
22. Disney…for making great movies and theme parks to allow my family to enjoy fun times together
23. The city of Tucson….what a great community I live in
24. Camp fires
25. Matt’s Organics Produce for providing healthy fruits & veggies to my family
28. My car
29. Hearing the word “mommy” and what that simple word fills me with
30. Love…my heart overflows with it
My song of the day is Dido’s “Thank you.” I love how this song talks about trivial matters that could bring any person down (being late for work, waking up alone, bills to pay, etc), but when she thinks of her loved one, she realizes “it’s no so bad.” It’s a lovely song that focuses on appreciation for what you’ve got. Click HERE to go to Youtube to hear “Thank You.” I know you’ll like it, and hopefully it will remind you to appreciate what you have in your life, as well.
Writing out “30 Things I’m Thankful For” and putting it in black and white has brought a smile to my face. How could I possible feel bad as I’m thinking of all of this good stuff? I encourage you all to do it, too, because I’m starting the week off happy, and I wish the same for all of you!