Feeling unsure of what to write about today, I decided to once again check out WordPress’s “Daily Prompt.” It’s funny that the one other time I used it, the prompt had a musical theme just as it does today. (Click HERE to read my post, “These Boots are Made For Walking.”) Here is today’s “Daily Prompt..”
You make a new friend. Make them a mix tape (or playlist, for the younger folks) that tells them who you are through song.
I’ll go backwards from 10 to 1 just as David Letterman would in a Top 10 list, but the list is no particular order.
(10) Free Bird by Lynard Skynard…..Yep, I’m a definite free spirit, and I love how Lynard Skynard expresses it in this song. (Click HERE to go to Youtube to hear it.)
(9) Calico Skies by Paul McCartey….Paul sums up how I love my hubby in this beautiful song. (Youtube: Click HERE)
(8) I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett….Enough said. Isn’t the title self explanatory? (Youtube: Click HERE)
(7) Que Sera Sera by Doris Day……The song is all about motherhood and generations! How could I not relate to this one? (Youtube: Click HERE)
(6) The Hope by Rick Recht….I’m a Jewish woman and song leader, and it’s a huge part of my life. Recht’s song “The Hope” really captures the spirit of a love of song leading and being Jewish. (Youtube: Click HERE)
(5) Let the River Run by Carly Simon….This song is from the movie “Working Girl,” and I work, work, work…a lot! ( Youtube: Click HERE)
(4) I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends by The Beatles….My friends mean so much to me, and besides, I had to have The Beatles on this list! (Youtube: click HERE)
(3) Flowers are Red by Harry Chapin….I’m a teacher, and this song expresses my views on education to the “T.” Love, love, love that Harry Chapin wrote about this topic! (Youtube: Click HERE)
(2) The Sun will Come Out Tomorrow from Annie…..There just had to be a song from a musical on here, because I love them so much. Annie’s optimism is contagious, and I hope I have this view of the world. We all should. (Youtube: Click HERE)
And finally… the title song of this blog post.
(1) If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out by Cat Stevens……A song all about reaching for your dreams and opportunity and with a musical twist. It is a perfect song, and I love how hopeful it is. Too bad Cat Stevens is now a little cray cray, but this song will always grab me. It is not just how I chose to live my life, but it also my wish for all of you. So click HERE to hear it on Youtube, and “Sing out,” friends! As Steven so eloquently says, “It’s Easy!”